The 2018 Financial Aid deadline has now past, 2019 Applications will be available next year!
SMAC-LA is pleased to offer financial aid opportunities to families and teachers who wish to study at LASI 2018. The Financial Aid Deadline is March 15th, 2018.
Your online application will be submitted to the SMAC-LA Financial Aid Committee for determining your qualification and financial needs. The committee will meet shortly after the March 15th deadline. Therefore, it is important that all requested materials be submitted on time to avoid disqualification. Financial grants are valid for tuition fees only and are not granted for room, board and transportation costs.
2018 Scholarships Offered
- General Student Scholarship (need-based)
- Instrument-Specific Student Scholarship (merit-based)
- Available for Cello, Guitar, and Viola
- Teacher Scholarship (need-based)
STUDENTS will need (either scholarship):
1) Audition video of a polished piece (youtube link required)
2) Last year's federal tax return (pages 1 and 2 only)
3) A recommendation letter emailed directly by your teacher (PDF format) to email@example.com by March 15th.
Students must be currently studying with a teacher member of SMAC to apply for financial aid.
TEACHERS will need:
1) Copy of last year’s federal tax return (pages 1 and 2 only)
2) Copy of SAA registered teacher training, if applicable
Teachers must be a teacher member of SMAC to apply for financial aid.
Teacher applicants must reside in California or intend to enroll in a teacher development course at LASI if primary residence is out-of-state.
Students may apply for both need- and merit-based scholarships.
Application does not guarantee financial aid. All awards are sent directly to the Event requested. You will receive a reimbursement directly from the institute.
For specific questions regarding this process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.