SMAC-LA is pleased to offer financial aid opportunities to families and teachers who wish to study at LASI 2017. The scholarships will be awarded on a need basis. The Financial Aid Deadline is March 15th, 2017.
Your online application will be submitted to the SMAC-LA Financial Aid Committee for determining your qualification and financial needs. The committee will meet shortly after the March 15th deadline. Therefore, it is important that all requested materials be submitted on time to avoid disqualification. Financial grants are valid for tuition fees only and are not granted for room, board and transportation costs.
To apply, first make sure you are a family or teacher member of SMAC-LA. Once you have logged in, you will be able to access the application from the menu above.
STUDENTS will need:
1) Audition video of a polished piece (youtube link required)
2) Last year's federal tax return (pages 1 and 2 only)
3) A recommendation letter emailed directly by your teacher (PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th.
TEACHERS will need:
1) Copy of last year’s federal tax return (pages 1 and 2 only)
2) Copy of SAA registered teacher training, if applicable
Teacher applicants must reside in California or intend to enroll in a teacher development course at LASI if primary residence is out-of-state.
Application does not guarantee financial aid. All awards are sent directly to the Event requested. You will receive a reimbursement directly from the institute.
For specific questions regarding this process, please email the current SMAC-LA President email@example.com